Hello, our dear friends!
We are happy to announce the release of new Adguard for Android version. You will see that we have made significant changes both to visual and functional components since the last version. Let us describe in more details what new features you can expect from this version.
Ad blocking changes
In older versions our users have already had an ability to subscribe to any filter by URL, but we decided to add some of the most popular filter subscriptions by default: #210
List of added filter subscriptions:
- EasyList China
- EasyList Czech and Slovak
- EasyList Hebrew
- EasyList Italy
- Liste AR
- Liste FR
- ABP Japanese Filters
- Adblock polskie reguły
- New “Notification Icon” setting: “Notification without icon”: #222
So now we have 4 options:
1. Default icon. Icon and notification are always visible.
2. Colored icon (only in Android 4.X). Icon and notification are always visible.
3. Notification without icon. Icon is not visible. Permanent notification is visible, but it has low priority, so it is semi-transparent and placed below all other notifications.
4 None. No icon, no notification.
- “Protection paused” is now a permanent notification: #231
This change should help with #223. When Adguard pauses protection, sometimes Android may kill its process and then not bring it back.
- DNS filtering fix #191
We have received complaints about ‘Filter DNS requests’ feature not working with mobile connection.
This feature was improved, now it is much more reliable and works for both Wi-Fi and Mobile connection. This feature may drastically improve the battery usage, so we recommend trying it.
- Check IP address availability before redirecting request to the proxy #217,
- Handle “Interrupted system call” properly #180